Atomic Learning is one of the most supportive, satisfying and fun companies a person could work for. Please consider applying for the following position. Send applications to email@example.com.
Job Title: Online Training Content Developer (curriculum emphasis)
Reports to: Content Development Manager
Start Date: June 1, 2010
Location: Your Home Office (within the U.S.)
The Online Training Content Developer (curriculum emphasis) is responsible for creating tutorials on how to use a variety of software applications and for creating curriculum integration units that involve the use of technology, as well as 21st Century Skills concepts.
This position requires the ability to learn the Atomic Learning method of tutorial creation, knowledge of how curriculum in K-12 education is organized and delivered, and experience with K-12 professional development planning and implementation. This person must understand the work environment of teachers and administrators and be adept at tailoring educational experiences that are appealing and meet the needs of educators and students.
This person must have the ability to research best practices in integrating technology into K-12 curriculum areas and create/adapt Atomic Learning content to effectively augment those practices. Additionally, this position is required to continuously learn how to use new software applications and develop organized and effective tutorials for the marketplace. While the emphasis will primarily be technology integration training for K-12, the person may use their expertise to create similar training for other training markets. This person will work in coordination with the Content Development Manager.
1) Learn to use software applications as assigned
2) Create effective tutorials series on assigned software
3) Research and design curriculum pieces
4) Help evaluate possible new production and delivery methods
5) Work in coordination with the Content Development Manager to develop a one-year production schedule (broken down into quarterly deliverable windows).
6) Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
7) Other duties as the business demands
Qualifications, Skill, and Abilities:
1) Education background and knowledge of software commonly found in schools
2) Ability to quickly grasp how software works and how it can be applied in an
3) Passion for exploring and understanding practical integration of technology
into career and life skills
4) Strong desire to continue to learn
5) Ability to work independently and as part of a team
6) Ability to scope, organize and deliver on required timelines.
7) Strong analytical/problem solving skills
8) Demonstrated ability to create quality tutorials using the Atomic Learning